LiquidPiston, Inc. is seeking an Engine Development Technician to assist in the development of our rotary IC engines.
As Engine Development Technician you will:
- Assemble prototype engines and instrumentation.
- Debug mechanical and electrical issues.
- Install and remove engines from test cells/dynamometers.
- Perform engine disassembly, inspection, photography. Contribute to End of Test Reports.
- Work side by side with the Engineering team.
- Follow standardized procedures related to X engine assembly and test cell operation. Use expert judgement in the frequent cases where standards do not yet exist, and maintain open communication with management.
- Perform incoming inspections on engine components from both internal and external suppliers
- Manage inventory of engine components and supplies.
- Keep a meticulous workshop area- includes taking out the trash, sweeping, etc. We are a small company.
- Maintain a spirited, open-minded personality and “can-do” attitude.
- Working knowledge of engines (4 stroke cycle, common materials, manufacturing processes).
- Extensive knowledge of hand and power tools, including precision measurement equipment.
- Professional experience with assembly and maintenance of complex machinery requiring extreme attention to detail.
- Software skills: Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), email.
- Desire and ability to constantly learn on the job, multi-task, and frequently update procedures.
- Working hours- This position sometimes requires working outside of the company’s core (9-5) hours on weeknights, and 1-2 times a year on a weekend.
- Experience with rotary engines or other high-speed rotating machinery.
- Experience working in a prototype/R&D environment.
- Experience in Electronics.
- Manual/CNC manufacturing skills/ TIG welding/brazing.
- Experience operating a test cell or using LabView based controls.
This position is available immediately.