LiquidPiston is hiring interns! Get a step up in your career by gaining broad exposure to an intense program featuring design, development, and testing of our novel rotary engines.
As an Engine Development Intern, you will work with Liquid Piston's engineering team in an R&D program aimed to bring a breakthrough rotary engine design to life.
Typical work will include the following:
- Create and modify models in SolidWorks.
- Perform FEA analysis.
- Produce detailed shop ready drawings.
- Communicate with machine shops.
- Fabricate and procure engine and test bench components.
- Participate in the hands-on assembly of prototype engines.
- Conduct engine dynamometer tests.
- Set up and maintain data acquisition equipment.
- Modify test data post-processing software.
- Document results through standardized technical reports.
- Participate in weekly technical meetings.
- On track for BS, Master's, or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated interest in high-performance engines (professionally or not).
- Specific design experience with SolidWorks.
- Ability to work well in a small team environment, but also solve problems and learn independently
- Solid understanding of Mechanical Engineering basics, emphasis on Thermodynamics, Design, and Manufacturing.
- Experience with GT Power, Converge, ANSYS, Labview, MatLab.
- Experience setting up and running Mechanical/Thermal FEA studies.
- Experience working in a machine shop.
- Prior professional experience in R&D.
- Approximately $2800-3100/mo depending on year in school.
Please submit your resume here, and, in addition, fill out the survey questions at this linkhttps://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3LFXLC8
We are specifically looking for interns available full time and immediately through the Spring semester, 2020. If you are not available for a minimum of 4 continuous months (6 preferred) or until Summer, please delay your application until late February for the best chance of a match.