Engine Development Intern, Spring/Summer 2020
LiquidPiston is hiring interns! Get a step up in your career by gaining broad exposure to an intense program featuring design, development, and testing of our novel rotary engines.IMPORTANT NOTES:
Please submit your resume here, and, in addition, fill out the survey questions at this linkhttps://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TMKKDFT
As an Engine Development Intern, you will work with Liquid Piston's engineering team in an R&D program aimed to bring a breakthrough rotary engine design to life.
Typical work will include the following:
- Create and modify models in SolidWorks.
- Perform FEA analysis.
- Produce detailed shop ready drawings.
- Communicate with machine shops.
- Fabricate and procure engine and test bench components.
- Participate in the hands-on assembly of prototype engines.
- Conduct engine dynamometer tests.
- Set up and maintain data acquisition equipment.
- Modify test data post-processing software.
- Document results through standardized technical reports.
- Participate in weekly technical meetings.
- On track for BS, Master's, or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated interest in high-performance engines (professionally or not).
- Specific design experience with SolidWorks.
- Ability to work well in a small team environment, but also solve problems and learn independently
- Solid understanding of Mechanical Engineering basics, emphasis on Thermodynamics, Design, and Manufacturing.
- Experience with GT Power, Converge, ANSYS, Labview, MatLab.
- Experience setting up and running Mechanical/Thermal FEA studies.
- Experience working in a machine shop.
- Prior professional experience in R&D.
- Approximately $2800-3500/mo depending on year in school.