LiquidPiston is seeking a detail-oriented and creative Sr. Test Engineer to assist in development of our rotary IC engines.
As Sr. Test Engineer you will:
- Design, develop, operate, and maintain testing systems in conjunction with the engine dynamometer test cells
- Oversee engine assembly processes, direct a technician, participate in hands-on assembly
- Maintain databases for component inventory, build logs, hardware history
- Debug mechanical, electrical, and software issues
- Modify LabView code for engine control and data acquisition
- Calibrate diesel and gasoline engines
- Write MATLAB code to automate data post-processing
- Scrutinize test data and present conclusions and recommendations to management
- Invent and generate ideas to improve performance of engine components and systems
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years of professional experience with engine testing and/or calibration
- Expertise with MATLAB and automation of data analysis
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm, work ethic, and open mind through challenging projects
- Experience with advanced rotary or piston engine technologies (EGR, Miller cycle, HCCI, boosting, etc.)
- Experience with bearings, gears, seals, high-speed rotating machinery
- Good verbal communication and writing skills.
- Experience working in a machine shop/prototype environment
LiquidPiston, Inc. is an MIT rooted R&D company poised to transform ten years of breakthrough thermodynamics research into the world’s most efficient rotary engine. With a fundamental design that scales from lawnmowers, to locomotives, LiquidPiston has the potential to add fifty years to the life of the internal combustion engine in a resource-constrained world.
Please send your resume and portfolio to hr@LiquidPiston.com
. We will follow up with a link to screening questions with further details on the recruitment process.