LiquidPiston, Inc. is seeking a detail-oriented and creative Sr. Design Engineer to assist in the development of our rotary IC engines.
As Sr. Design Engineer you will:
- Invent/generate ideas to improve the performance of LiquidPiston’s engines.
- Create solid models and assemblies using SolidWorks.
- Lead technicians, interns, and junior engineers on design and analysis projects.
- Lead initial engine architecture/layout processes.
- Analyze component and system designs using hand calculations, software simulations, and experimental results.
- Create and release shop-ready drawings.
- Select and act as primary contact for machine shops and suppliers from RFQ through incoming inspection.
- Oversee engine assembly processes and participate in hands-on assembly.
- Support engine testing.
- Create and follow standardized procedures related to engine design and analysis.
- Present ideas and results to management and engineering teams.
- Maintain a spirited, open-minded personality and “can-do” attitude.
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong understanding of engines and design for manufacturing.
- 3+ years of professional experience with engine component design and simulation.
- Ability to self-direct and independently solve problems.
- Expertise in Solidworks
- Expertise with mechanical/thermal/fluid simulation tools
- Experience with advanced rotary and piston engine technologies (Miller cycle, HCCI, etc.).
- Professional experience with camshafts, bearings, gears, high-speed machinery.
- Good communication and proposal writing skills.
- Experience working in a machine shop/prototype environment.
- Training and experience with GT Suite, ANSYS, MATLAB.
This position is available immediately.