LiquidPiston, Inc. is seeking an Engine Simulation Engineer to assist in the development of our rotary IC engines.
***This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the definition of US Government Federal Regulations and the United States Code. For information on a U.S. persons please see 22 CFR § 120.15
and 8 USC 1324(b)
***This position is located in Hartford, CT***
***Please do not apply if you do not have at least two years of professional experience (not academic) using GT Power***
As Engine Simulation Engineer you will:
- Create and run 0D, 1D, and 3D engine simulation models.
- Analyze both simulation and experimental test results, identify performance gaps, and recommend next steps in performance development.
- Think critically, question results, and identify the most efficient technical paths to meet targets.
- Work side by side with design and test engineers.
- Participate as necessary in engine testing and calibration.
- Create and follow standardized procedures related to X engine simulations.
- Present ideas and results to management and engineering teams.
- Maintain a spirited, open-minded personality and “can-do” attitude.
- Stay up to date on engine technology and simulation software developments through independent research and formal courses.
- MS or higher in Mechanical Engineering; BS with additional years of relevant experience will be considered.
- Deep understanding of engine efficiency, physics, thermodynamics.
- Professional experience correlating engine simulations with physical experiments.
- Expertise in GT Power.
- Ability to self-direct and independently solve problems.
- Knowledge and practical experience with DOE, optimization.
- MATLAB and CONVERGE
- Experience with advanced rotary and piston engine technologies (EGR, Miller cycle, HCCI, etc.).
- Good communication and proposal writing skills.
- Experience working in a prototype/R&D environment.
- Startup/small company experience.
This position is available immediately.
LiquidPiston, Inc. is an MIT rooted R&D company poised to transform ten years of breakthrough thermodynamics research into the world’s most efficient rotary engine. With a fundamental design that scales from lawnmowers to locomotives, LiquidPiston has the potential to add fifty years to the life of the internal combustion engine industry in a resource-constrained world.